Monday 8 February 2010

Hola Paraguay !!!

After many years of threatening, I finally arrived in Asuncion, Paraguay. Here's the welcoming committee. That's Sylvana and Stefano, who came along to the airport with Alberto and Celeste to collect me. The first thing you notice about Paraguay is the heat. It hits you straight away. It's like walking into an oven.

After settling in and meeting the rest of the family, Fabrizzio and Didier, we took a short trip to the hill that overlooks the city. Here I am with the Native Cacique Lambare (Chief Lambare) who led the Paraguayans against the Spanish in the early 16th Century.

We drove home via the golf club. It's the Yacht and Golf Club of Paraguay and looks absolutely fantastic. I'm really looking forward to playing there during the week.

When we got home , the pool looked so inviting, I had to join the others for a dip, before dinner. It was lovely, really cool and refreshing. Celeste's Mum joined us for dinner, which was great, although Celeste had to work overtime in the translation due to my lack of Espanol !!

My theme of 4 legged friends continues in Paraguay and here, I really feel at home as 2 of the dogs have Irish names. Conor lives in the house. He's gorgeous .. here he is with his 'Mum' Sylvana and tomorrow we'll meet Sean at the farm. Conor has a little friend at home too, called Jack.

A really wondeful day and I'm delighted to have come to Paraguay at last to see my good friends the Modicas.

No comments:

Post a Comment